IEEE makes article production easy for our authors. Learn more about your role in the article production process. Follow these steps to keep your article moving quickly from acceptance to publication:
- Let your co-authors know if they are not included in the decision letter.
- Read the decision letter carefully for any additional tasks such as uploading final high-quality files or signing a copyright form. Not addressing additional tasks outlined will delay the publication of your article.
- While your article is prepared for publication, you can login to the IEEE Author Gatewayto track its progress, contact your dedicated IEEE Staff Editor, or pay any fees associated with its publication. Some magazines may have overlength page charges.
- All article proofs are sent as PDFs. You will be contacted when an article proof PDF is ready for review. This is the last time you will be able to make changes to the article before publication. Review the proof carefully and submit any edits. Learn more about how to proof your accepted article.
- Typically, once your article is scheduled for an issue, it will be finalized within 4-5 weeks from the start of the production process. Actual production time can vary depending on the individual magazine’s publication constraints.